Coffee Core Protein Chocolates
Give these tasty looking protein treats a try and tell us how you get on!
Bodybuilding Warehouse Protein Coffee (2 scoops)
1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
1 scoop oats
1 bar dark or milk chocolate of choice (for melting )
Small dash of water
1. First combine 2 scoops of Protein Coffee powder with 1 scoop oats.
2. Add in 1 tbsp honey and mix well until a paste starts to form.
3. A small dash of water may need to be added to the paste which will be of a peanut butter consistency.
4. Once you have the core mixture ready, melt your chocolate of choice in a Bain Marie and prepare your chocolate mould.
5. Silicone ice cube trays make great chocolate moulds, however I used a silicone cake pop mould to make rounded care chocolates for this one.
6. Now to make core chocolates, you need to add a dash of chocolate to each silicone mould.
7. Next blob in a tsp sized amount of the core filling.
8. Finally cover the filling with the remaining melted chocolate and pop in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set.
9. Once set, serve immediately and enjoy pre or post workout for a sweet treat idea.
The macro breakdown for this recipe is serving size dependant and of course brand dependant on the chocolate you use. I used Green and Black's 85% Dark Chocolate but you may use any.
However this recipe made 10 core chocolates.
Per serving ( per chocolate)
By Leanne Caunce
On behalf of Bodybuilding Warehouse