When your motivation dips, remember these 10 reasons to never give in.
Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivation so let's reminds ourselves that anything is achievable. Just take a look at the picture to the left.... If that doesn't motivate you maybe these 10 points will.
1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked yourself this question. Whatever reason you had, this is good enough for you to keep going. Don't ever forget that.
2. Past mistakes are nothing but learning guidelines! If you feel you're setting yourself up for failure, you're wrong. If you've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.
3. Positive pays! Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying away from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run all pays off in the end.
4. Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar! There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, I'm sure this thought has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because your diet is off your stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take another person 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it battling through.
5. You are your own competition! When you compete against yourself you always have something to strive against, a reason to be better than you was yesterday. Only compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. If you are being demotivated by comparing yourself to others, then stop! You don't have their body, you dont know their diet or history... Compete against the person in the mirror because you are whats important.
6. Patience is a virtue. Understand, this isn't going to be easy and anything worth having doesn't ever happen over night. having said that, set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. No matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish, I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. Try not to look for a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.
7. You're not alone. Tap into the huge support group which is available. Whether its online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there and the bodybuilding warehouse community is always around. Whether you join us on Facebook or give our advice team a call - 0161 2361588 - there is always someone there!
8. Its fun!!! Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you've lost the fun then change it up! Jump off the treadmill and go on the bike, rowing machine or anything new. There's endless ways to make working out fun, find something that works for you.
9. You are Improving! Its all about progression and you may not notice it but by not giving up you are improving! Mentally, you are stronger every time you choose to continue! Every session you get fitter. Every time you refuse to cheat yourself you are becoming a better version of yourself.
10. You Inspire others! It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, which in turn motivates and inspires others to push themselves harder. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. If you don't feel like such an inspiration, think about how you are going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have.
Now that you have your motivation back, make sure your training reflects what you want to achieve in the best possible way. A personal trainer can get you started if you aren't confident on your own or you need some guidance and a person to push you. Arming yourself with an effective training plan is a huge leap forward and will help you continue to progress. If you are happy with your training plan, why not get even more benefits from them by adding a BCAA or preworkout to your routine. Adding supplements can complete your assault on fitness by ensuring that you have the right nutrition to help you achieve your goals. Our advice team can help you select the right supplements for bulking or shedding fat and your recovery can be aided with additional protein. Your diet can be the key to unlocking your full potential so make sure that this isn't one of your reasons to quit!
If you set your mind to it, you CAN do it!