Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6 known to most as ZMA is a staple of mine regardless of my goals.
Initially, the main reasons for taking this highly affordable supplement was to:
1. Aid a deeper more restful night’s sleep. ZMA helps aids this by making the body/brain achieve deeper REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep.
2. Zinc is great for men and woman in regards to aiding Immune system health. (ward of colds)
3. Libido support
There are also other notable benefits that i found;
- Wake up fresh and alert
- Strength gains – tbh this could be to waking up alert as I train upon waking
- Enhanced Hormonal profile
- Apparent enhanced recovery properties
- Zinc is good for a man’s libido
- Zinc is excellent for immune health
- Zinc helps to make new cells and enzymes
- Zinc helps us process carbohydrate, fat and protein in food
- Zinc helps with the healing of wounds
- Magnesium helps turn the food we eat into energy
- Magnesium aids bone health
- B6 aids the production of Haemoglobin ( found in red blood cells that carries oxygen around the body)
How do you take ZMA?
- 30-60 mines before bed on an empty ish stomach – the main thing is to avoid calcium as there are studies that show, calcium slows the uptake of ZMA’s ingredient.
- Most experience vivid life like dreams
By Mark Marcou