I have been using beta alanine supplement for about 3 month now. I like it so much as an affordable supplement that I have written this little Info Guide for it.
A Guide to Beta-Alanine
Beta Alanine is the supplement in most pre-workouts that makes you tingle. It does not have a kick or give you mad focus it’s for those that need a hand on the endurance side e.g. someone who is cutting down body fat and on a lower carb diet. Beta-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid and is the only naturally occurring beta-amino acid; don’t be fooled by this phrase non-essential, because unlike a lot of other supplements this is now essential to me. Give it a go it’s cheap as creatine chips. 5g in your pre workout cocktail.
Benefits I have noticed
- Increase Anaerobic Endurance ( low to moderate effort levels e.g sscv)
- Increases Aerobic Endurance ( High Intensity exec rise e.g. weights)
- A definite signs of a delay in Muscle Fatigue- lifting heavier weights for longer later on in the workout.
- Even without a pre work out kick – later on in the workout I am still firing and have to drag myself away from the gym to go to work.
- No need for cycling there is only one article I have read that states you should use taurine
“If you're not consuming supplemental taurine, then it may be prudent to cycle your beta-alanine every so often. Since taurine uptake is only affected by rises in plasma beta-alanine, and because muscle carnosine remains elevated for up to three months after ceasing beta-alanine supplementation, a 4-9 weeks "on" to 4-9 weeks "off" cycling strategy should allow you to consistently reap the performance benefits of beta-alanine. However, this is just conjecture on my part, and it's a moot point if you just supplement with taurine.”
Who can benefit from beta-alanine?
- Weight lifters & Bodybuilders
- High Intensity Cross Trained Athletes
- Sport specific training that requires both strength and endurance.
- Runners, Cyclists for example and all disciplines of sports athletes or avid players
- As far as I know in the studies I have read this supplement is suitable for both men and women
BY Mark Marcou