Pure Flaxseed Oil is a 100% pure Flaxseed Oil supplement of the highest quality and purity, manufactured in our own state of the art facility. Flaxseed Oil is a great way to get in additional Essential Fatty Acids, is a great source of naturally occuring alpha-linolenic acid, and offers numerous health benefits outlined below.
Flaxseed Oil is a natural supplement (also known as Linseed Oil), highly recommended for general well being and whole body health. It is considered to be nature's richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are required for the health of almost all body systems. Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids. We need them for our bodies to work normally. Omega-3s have a number of health benefits, and play an important role in reducing inflammation throughout the body - in the blood vessels, the joints, and elsewhere.
Flax Seed Oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, and zinc and also provides approximately 50% more omega-3 oils than what you could get from taking fish oil, minus any unpleasant "fishy" after taste.
Flaxseed Oil May Help To:
- Lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease and control high blood pressure: Several studies indicate that flaxseed oil, as well as ground flaxseeds, can lower cholesterol, thereby significantly reducing the risk of heart disease. Taking flaxseed oil may also protect against angina (chest pain) and high blood pressure. In addition, a five-year study done recently at Boston's Simmons College found that flaxseed oil may be useful in preventing a second heart attack. It may also help prevent elevated blood pressure by inhibiting inflammatory reactions that cause artery-hardening plaque and poor circulation.
- Counter inflammation associated with gout, lupus and fibrocystic breasts: Omega-3 fatty acids appear to limit the inflammatory reaction associated with these conditions. In cases of lupus, flaxseed oil not only reduces inflammation in the joints, skin and kidneys, but also lowers cholesterol levels that may be elevated by the disease. Taking flaxseed oil for gout may lessen the often sudden and severe joint pain or swelling that is a symptom of this condition. In addition, the ability of omega-3 fatty acids to boost the absorption of iodine (a mineral often found in low levels in women suffering from fibrocystic breasts) makes flaxseed oil potentially valuable for treating this often painful condition.
- Control constipation, haemorrhoids, diverticular disorders and gallstones: As they are high in dietary fibre, ground flaxseeds can help ease the passage of stools and thus relieve constipation, haemorrhoids and diverticular disease. In those with diverticular disease, flaxseeds may also keep intestinal pouches free of waste and thus keep potential infection at bay. Taken for inflammatory bowel disease, flaxseed oil can help to calm inflammation and repair any intestinal tract damage. In addition, the oil may prevent painful gallstones from developing and even dissolve existing stones.
- Treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn and rosacea: The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil are largely responsible for its skin-healing powers. Red, itchy patches of eczema, psoriasis and rosacea often respond to the EFA's anti-inflammatory actions and overall skin-soothing properties. Sunburned skin may heal faster when treated with the oil as well. In cases of acne, the EFAs encourage thinning of the oily sebum that clogs pores.
- Promote healthy hair and nails: The abundant omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil have been shown to contribute to healthy hair growth (in fact, low levels of these acids may cause dry and lackluster locks). Hair problems exacerbated by psoriasis or eczema of the scalp may respond to the skin-revitalizing and anti-inflammatory actions of flaxseed oil as well. Similarly, the oil's EFAs work to nourish dry or brittle nails, stopping them from cracking or splitting.
- Minimise nerve damage that causes numbness and tingling as well as other disorders: The EFAs in flaxseed oil assist in the transmission of nerve impulses, making the oil potentially valuable in treating conditions of numbness and tingling. The oil's nerve-nourishing actions may also help in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, a degenerative disorder of the nervous system, and protect against the nerve damage associated with diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
- Fight prostate problems, male infertility and impotence: The EFAs in flaxseed oil may help to prevent swelling and inflammation of the prostate, the small gland located below the bladder in males that tends to enlarge with age. Symptoms of such enlargement, such as urgency to urinate, may lessen as a result. The EFAs also play a role in keeping sperm healthy, which may be of value in treating male infertility, and they can improve blood flow to the penis, a boon for those suffering from impotence.
Pure Flaxseed Oil from Bodybuilding Warehouse has been produced in-house in our own custom built factory, using ingredients from approved, audited suppliers who meet our strict quality assurance standards, and work within our Principles. They are the highest quality Flaxseed Oil supplements available, anywhere on the market. Try Flaxseed Oil today and start enjoying the benefits in your vitality and wellness.