Whey Protein Powders & Shakes
Whey protein powder, other types of protein powder and protein shakes are widely regarded as the single most important bodybuilding supplement for gaining muscle mass, boosting athletic performance, improving muscle tone and increasing overall health. Most people do not consume enough protein in their daily diet and a whey protein shake can be used to add additional protein to your diet easily and conveniently!
Whey protein powder is the most popular form of protein powder on the planet. It is highly bio-available, has an amazing amino acid profile, is low in fat and carbohydrates, and digests relatively rapidly. Our Pure Whey Protein Concentrate 80 is a great choice and makes it an ideal post-workout shake when fast sources of protein are needed. For those wanting the best protein powder money can buy check out our home grown proteins and some Vegan Protein alternatives.
Pure Whey Protein Concentrate 80As low as £24.99
Pure Whey Protein Isolate 95As low as £64.99
Performance Diet Whey ProteinAs low as £17.99
Performance Protein PowderAs low as £17.99
Warrior Whey - 1kgAs low as £19.99
BEST Whey Protein - 1kg (40 Servings)As low as £14.99
Premium Whey - 4.5kgAs low as £139.99
The Bulk Protein Company Serious Protein - 4kgAs low as £34.99
Warrior Whey - 2kgAs low as £37.99
Applied Nutrition ISO-XP - 2kgAs low as £49.95
Whey Protein Powder Nutrition Facts
Whey protein powder comes in several forms but the 3 major forms are whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and whey protein hydrolysate.
- Concentrate is cheaper and is roughly 80% protein.
- Isolate is 90-95% protein and lower in fat and carbs
- Hydro whey is usually 80-90% protein but lower in fat and carbs again and used mainly for people who cannot tolerate concentrate or isolate.
- Whey protein powders often have about 20g of protein per serving.
- 27g of whey protein is required to maximise muscle protein synthesis (depending on quality)
- Whey protein has been used for centuries as a health drink!
- Whey protein is shown in studies to help aid in muscle growth and fat loss
- Whey protein as we know it only started being advertised in the 1940s!
- Whey protein is naturally a waste product of producing cheese
Whey Protein Benefits
Whey protein powder benefits come in a variety of forms. You can check out our top 10 health benefits of a high protein diet on our blog which shows the incredible health benefits of whey protein.
The best whey protein powder on the market is subjective but grass fed whey protein is generally a better product than grain fed. Bodybuilding Warehouse is happy to announce our very own grass fed whey protein made from EU cows only and from the highest quality farms across Europe.
The best whey protein for men and women will depend on their goals, preferences to flavour and budget. There is a huge range of whey protein powders below for you to take a look at and see for yourself.
Also make sure to check out our whey protein powder reviews, our in-house produced protein range is of the highest quality. We won’t be beaten on price or quality. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to send us an email.