No Bake Protein Chocolate Granola Bars
This simple no bake recipe makes 12 tasty protein chocolate granola bars! Enjoy :)
½ cup Instant oats
2 scoops of Bodybuilding Warehouse Vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup of seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
70g of dried mixed fruit
6 squares of 81% dark chocolate chopped
½ Cup of natural Pure Smooth Peanut Butter
½ cup of pure honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well
- 2. Add the peanut butter and the honey to a microwave bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir well and then microwave for an additional minute or until bubbling. Add in the vanilla extract and stir well.
- 3. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well for around 5 minutes until all
dry ingredients are coated and come together.
- 4. Transfer the mixture to a non-stick round or square pan, if you don’t have a non-stick pan then line your pan with grease proof paper. Press down a little with a spoon and then lay some greaseproof paper on top and press down firmly with your hands, the harder you press the mixture down the firmer the bar will be.
- 5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and once firm, cut into 12 bars. Wrap the bars as soon as possible so they don’t dry out. You can keep the bars in the fridge for up to a week!
Each bar has approximately 270 calories, and contains 0.5g saturated fat, 29.1g carbs and 10.6g protein.